Dual Registration

Greaser9780

I'm helping a guy out with a site that has a seperate login for the site and one for the vbulletin forum. I plan on revising his main site script so it will automatically register at both places. In the tables I found a couple of places where I will need to change the varchar count so that both fields accept the same number of characters. I am also going to need to insert a mysql_insert_id since the site table doesn't have an id field.Although I think it should.All I plan on doing is sending the appropriate required info into the vb_users table right after it gets sent to the site users table. Is there any special syntax I will need to use to put in one query right after another???  Also if anybody else has any ideas to help feel free to share.

You can run two queries in one call by seperating them with ";", but that's usually a bad idea.  Just do the queries seperately.  There's no advantage to doing them together (if that's what you were thinking of doing).  The disadvantage is that you won't get information about the success or failure of each query seperately, which is really what you need.

I would make sure that the same character set restrictions apply to usernames both systems (eg only alphanumeric, underscore, no spaces, etc etc).  Otherwise things may work fine now, then suddenly break when someone gets creative with usernames.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.