Combo Box Filtering

bird_man11

Hey guys just wondering if any one could help out,

i have some combo boxes with a fair bit of data in them and the users would prefer to be able to type in the value and the combo box goto the value they type,

there is no problem in firefox, but in internet explorer if the user types in the first character its fine but when they type in the second character it goes to a value with the start character as the second character typed.

for example i have the values 10.0 to 100.0 in a table and the user wants 22.5 they will type 22.5 and it end up at the value 50.0 cause 5 is the last character they type.

dunno if i can fix this due to it being a setting in the browser, just wondering if there was any code in javascript that would help.

anyone could help me it would be appreciated

Cheers

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.