2 replies to this topic

#1 pneudralics

pneudralics
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • 241 posts

Posted 02 March 2006 - 09:22 PM

I'm thinking about installing a forum like phpbb with my website. I have users already on there and would like to know if I can integrate something like phpbb with the current user database? Will the users have to relogin to phpbb even though they're logged in my website? Is there a way to bypass the login to phpbb if they are logged in already through the website?

#2 CBStrauss

CBStrauss
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 21 March 2006 - 08:12 PM

[!--quoteo(post=351114:date=Mar 2 2006, 03:22 PM:name=pneudralics)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(pneudralics @ Mar 2 2006, 03:22 PM) View Post[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
I'm thinking about installing a forum like phpbb with my website. I have users already on there and would like to know if I can integrate something like phpbb with the current user database? Will the users have to relogin to phpbb even though they're logged in my website? Is there a way to bypass the login to phpbb if they are logged in already through the website?
[/quote]

I am to looking for the same solution. I would like to use phpbb, but i already have script i wrote to allow users to register and login ect. I would hate to have them have to set up another user name password ect to use a forum like phpbb. Its not very conventional imo.

Now I know there is away to basicly use the restration login system that comes installed with phpbb but i haven't yet found away to what you are asking. If you do find away I would be very interested in seeing how you did it or maybe work with you on finding away to do it.

#3 TheUkSniper

TheUkSniper
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 08 April 2006 - 10:53 AM

suppose u cud use sql to move their login details to the phpbb login system

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users