php, IIS 7 installation problem - code not rendering

ckohtz

I just finished doing a manual install of PHP 5.2.1 on Windows Vista Home Premium, IIS 7.0. I extracted the files to c:/inetput/php. I opened up IIS, clicked on the Handler Mappings, then Add Script Map and added the php5isapi.dll for all *.php files. I also copied the php.ini-dist to the c:/windows directory as php.ini. These are the instructions on how to set it up that I have found on multiple web sites. Seems easy enough. However...

When I go to a php page now, the page shows up, but so does all php code. It's like the code isn't getting run through the isapi filter. I view source, and all my php is there too, having not been read or rendered.

If anyone has any ideas on what might be happening, please let me know. I looked through this forum, but couldn't find anything.

Thanks,

Craig

Well, no idea what was wrong, but I got it fixed. When I "turned on" IIS in Vista originally, I added every possible feature... iis 6 compatibility, documentation, everything! I figured I might need it, I have plenty of space, so why not.

Next, I tried to install PHP and get my php web site going. The problem above is the problem I had. I got so frustrated trying to figure this out, I finally deleted every php file I could find, removed the web site I created in IIS, and "turned off" IIS. Rebooted. When I turned it back on, I only installed what I thought I would need. Classic ASP, ASP.NET, ISAPI extensions and maybe something else. I then installed the php ISAPI as described above at the computer name level (instead of just the one web site I needed it for), and then recreated my web site. Next up, MySQL. YEEHAA!

It worked. That is all. Thanks for the potential help.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.