simple mail command

freshfreelovinit

Hi

I was having a problem with a free subscription not working on my website so I tried to narrow down the problem and ended up with these two lines of php code:

mail("xyz@yahoo.com.au", "testing", "testing www.escapesmoking.com", "$headers");

mail("xyz@yahoo.com.au", "testing", "testing", "$headers");

I do not receive mail from the first mail command but I do receive mail from the second mail command. My webhost says it is my problem to fix but i don't see how I can fix it. It seems that mail I send out which contains my website address does not get through. Does anyone have any advice they can give me?

Thanks

Alessandra

did you check your junk mail?

Sometimes mail servers like hotmail, yahoo, etc.. read mail as spam if it has a web address in the subject line like that.  Try adding the subject line in the headers as well and play around with it.  I have a mail code that gets through to any mail server and past spam but it took some work and playing around.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.