php floating menu

dwahlrab

Hello,

I'm a very novice web designer. I have a site where I'm trying to have a php require menu load into the foreground above whatever page it might load below, or behind it. Please view this site:

http://www.djunawahlrab.com/06/home.php

here you can see that the menu is on the left side, but in some browsers (Firefox for example) the menu is falling Behind what should be in the background. if I click on or around where the menu is, I can get it to come forward, but that seems less than satisfactory, I'm sure you can imagine.

any ideas? maybe what I'm asking for would make things TOO easy, and its just impossible...

THANKS!

djuna

Not too sure what you mean about 'behind' and 'foreground above', etc. but almost all of your problems are a result of the bad HTML code.  An html page can't have multiple head and body statements, nor can you have content after the closing html tag.

Your problem lies with the html, not anything to do with php.

If you think about include (or require) as the equivalent of server-side cut'n'paste, you'll see that you do not want to have html head/body/etc attributes in the included file.  Get it working properly as a plain html file including the menu, then it'll be obvious just what part of that needs to be moved to an included/required file.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.