Mystery PHP.ini file and settings

Hi all,

I am trying to install PHP 5.2.1 on my XP Pro (IS 5.1) machine. I have followed the instruction from the php.net site and did the manual install. It appears to be working, but something is not correct in my set up. I have everything located in the c:\php folder with accompanying sub folders.  The php.ini file is in the c:\php folder with c:\path added to the path environment settings. I also set the force redirect =0 and set the doc_root to c:\inetpub\wwwroot.  I need to use the GD dll in the ext folder. I enabled the extension in the php.ini file and set the extension folder to c:\php\ext. When I run a sample page with the phpinfo() command.

Here is some of the info I get that is not the same as my php.ini file:

1. Configuration file (php.ini)= Showing it in the c:\windows folder when it is actaully in the c:\php folder. I checked and there is not a php.ini file in the c:\windows folder

2. extension_dir set to c:\php5.  I have it set to c:\php\ext. I searched the php.ini file and php5 text not even in it.

3. Include path is ;remarked out , but showing at .;C:\php\pear

4. doc_root = No value

The version number is correct at 5.2.1.

It appears as if it is using some mystery php.ini file and not the one I modified. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Ok..

If I move my php.ini file to the c:\windows folder then thing are working and the setting are correct. However, I would like to keep it in the c:\php folder for upgrades etc. I do have c:\php set in the path statement. Any ideas as to why it would not be read correctly when in the c:\php folder versus the c:\windows folder?

Looks like the windows path variable is not set correctly if PHP cannoyt find the php.ini in C:\php. Did you restart your PC when you added PHP to the path? How did you set PHP in the Windows PATH variable?

MAke sure when you added php to the oath you seperated the PHP's path with the last path listed with a semi-colon

For example:

C:/current/paths;/C:/PHP

I did restart my pc several times after modifying the path. On my XP machine the path settings are using a \ not a /. So an example of my path setting is

c:\windows\system32;c:\php\

I do have a ; between the last entry and the php.

Still having the same issue??

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.