POST/GET do not seem to work.

Howdy:

I downloaded and setup Fedora 6 last night (never tried anything like this before). The download, install and setup went really fast and smooth, however after I installed, and started httpd (apache) and mySQL, I couldn't get any of my old .php scripts to work. So after playing around for a bit and making some simple test scripts it appears that POST and GET do not work.

Hard coded $vars work just fine, but anything like http://url/page.php?n=var does not work, nor does POSTed vars.

Q: is there a way to turn on or off POST and GET, and if so how?

Q: does this sound like the correct problem? Could it be something else?

I figured something would come up with an issue simply because this install was just too easy. I'm pretty damn amazed with how easy Fedora/Apache/mySQL/PHP was to setup.

Thanks in advance for any and all help.

There is a setting in your php.ini called register_globals. By default (now and for a long time) it has been set to off for security reasons. Setting this to on will fix your problem but open some security holes, leaving it of and using the $_POST[] and $_GET[] arrays to access your values is the prefered and recomended aprouch.

• 5 months later...
This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.