Regarding the writing of tutorials...

Hey

I have a tutorial I would like to write and share with the rest of PHPfreaks.com, but I have a few questions regarding how to "write" one.

First of I don't see any obvious way to format your tutorial text (insert code, bold, italic, color ect.) - the "Add tutorial" http://www.phpfreaks.com/tutorials.php?cmd=add  is just one big text area with no interface or help, so:

#1: How do I format the text in a tutorial (insert code, bold, italic, color ect.) ?

Second, almost every other tutorial seem to have a very meaningfull pagination which indicates there must be a way to indicate / add a page break, but how? Again there is no help what so ever on the "add tutorial" page...:

#2: How do I add / indicate a page break in a tutorial?

#3: How is the "caption" formatted - "keyword1,keyword2,keyword3"?

#4: Is it possible to edit the tutorial after posting it?

If I have overseen the answers to these questions somewhere on the site I'm sorry, but if I haven't I would really like it to be added somewhere.... :)

Best regards

Wuhtzu

You use normal HTML for formatting the text in the tutorial -  When they revamped the site I though there was a WYSIWYG type editor for doing a tutorial but it must of been taken down - I swear I saw a screenshot of it but don't know where it was.

For adding a new page just add [PAGEBREAK] on its own on a line. Then carry on coding for the next page.

For the caption box you type your tutorials description in there

You should be able to edit your submitted tutorials when you view your tutorial or from the sites control panel I believe.

Note when you edit your tutorial it will have to re-approved before the edits are shown.

Thanks wildteen88... the [PAGEBREAK] makes sense, but regarding the formatting using normal HTML, shall I use:

<b>text</b> instead of text

<i>text</i> instead of text

(i know the difference between bbcode and html - it's just be be sure :))

How about the code boxes, they seem to consistent throughout the tutorials to have been made up by each writer...

Is the

available or something like that?

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.