Webdesign + PHP

supermerc

Hey, I'm pretty new to the php thing, and I wanna design a layout that is going to be easy to use in php.

Here is my previous site I tried to do some php in. http://hacklnd.com/random.

But I have had a lot of trouble coding with it especially since I'm new.

I would like to know how to make expandable menus, that wont screw up the layout, for example on http://zymic.com/ You can see in the menus at the left, a hide show button, when you click it it will expand on shrink without doing anything to the layout.

I would also like to know any other little trick that could make it easier for me because I am only used to doing design for html so I don't know how.

Please help.

Supermerc.

Thats not really what I mean.

The thing I want is not only for menus, its also for content box. Ill try to show you what i mean with drawing from paint  ;D

This would be like the basic layout with a content box with some text in it.

php1qx9.jpg

Then I want that when I add some text in it, the content bar will get bigger without screwed up the layout.

php2zk2.jpg

Do you understand what i mean?

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.