Good PHP Editor Like Frontpage

I know alot of you probably dropped your jaw at that title.

I've always done my php editing in Frontpage and just hard coded as that gave me the most control. The reason I used Frontpage is my server has the extensions and I found it really easy to publish more than anything. They seemed faster than FTP and I liked how it kept the directory tree in tact.

Anyways my home computer now has Vista on it and I heard about Expression Web so I bought it.

It works like FP but royally messes up PHP with the Byte Mark Order it adds to every page.

That stupid program cost me hours of time changing the ecoding on my files and fixing the issue.

So here I sit...EW is on sale at ebay and I need a new editor/ftp.

I'm not against paying as I code for a living and it's a tax deduction so what programs are good at this?

I wouldn't complain if I had a cool editor that color coded some of the PHP though.

Although if something would work free just as good as a pay feature I wouldn't be against that either.

Keep in mind I also need something that will work on Vista Ultimate Edition.

thanks!

Also I've looked at Zend and it looks pretty good and says it works with Vista.

They offer two version the pro and standard.

I would probably still use it just like FP and hard code but I do notice the PRO includes an FTP feature.

Is that worth another 200?

Or should I just DL a program like smartftp or something?