Ajax app runs perfectly in FF, but super slow in IE7

dataskills

I have made a pretty snazzy ajax app, a "live" note taking system.

Everything works perfectly in FF, but in IE7 it takes FOREVER to get a response.

Also, some of my functions make two requests, and if the second request is sent before the first one gives a response, the first requests gets dropped (SESSION STATE: Aborted).

This occurs again and again in IE7 because of the super slow response time. Does anyone know a solution or help for this?

I have no javascript errors, or anything like that - no other bugs I know about!

I will gladly furnish a good answer with a copy of the completed note taking app, I'll give one to just about anyone anyway..

Thanks in advance...

/_dataSkills

Ok, I will look into the abort method. Thanks for giving me some sort of idea of where I might find the problem or fix. I will fiddle with it, and I'll let you know what I come up with. I'll submit code if I am still stuck after that. Thanks ober.

/_dataSkills

I am having the same problem with it running completely SLOW! Let me know if you find a solution to this problem.

I think the reason the first one is aborted is because you can't run the same function twice while the first is still loading. I think if you make an identical function and make requests directed to the second one if the first one is processing that should allow two to load at the same time. I am about to try this on my website but let me know if it works on yours.

Michael

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.