[SOLVED] PHP running way to slow T_T

Azu

About an hour ago my pages were taking around 0.01 seconds to load. Now those same pages are taking like 5.00 seconds to load. CPU usage is 1%

Why are they going so slow all of a sudden? Even pages that I have not edited at all whatsoever in any way are suddenly slow as poop when they used to be loading instantly an hour ago!

Please help!

:(

And no its not everything

Images and stuff are fine

It is just PHP

And there is noone browsing the site except me so I have no idea what is causing this =(

I've tracked down the exact part of the code that is taking so long

It's taking ~4.3 seconds to generate and everything else put to together is taking around ~0.01 seconds

$db1=mysql_pconnect(localhost,"root","root")or die("Error - can't connect to databaseb1q");
$db2=mysql_pconnect(localhost,"root3","root")or die("Error - can't connect to databaseb5");
$db3=mysql_pconnect(localhost,"root2","root")or die("Error - can't connect to databaseb4");
$db4=mysql_pconnect(localhost,"root1","root")or die("Error - can't connect to databaseb3");

Any ideas why this code is taking so long to run when it used to run so fast? I tried optimizing all the databases and defragmenting but that made no differance =/

I've tracked down the exact part of the code that is taking so long

It's taking ~4.3 seconds to generate and everything else put to together is taking around ~0.01 seconds

$db1=mysql_pconnect(localhost,"root","root")or die("Error - can't connect to databaseb1q");
$db2=mysql_pconnect(localhost,"root3","root")or die("Error - can't connect to databaseb5");
$db3=mysql_pconnect(localhost,"root2","root")or die("Error - can't connect to databaseb4");
$db4=mysql_pconnect(localhost,"root1","root")or die("Error - can't connect to databaseb3");

Any ideas why this code is taking so long to run when it used to run so fast? I tried optimizing all the databases and defragmenting but that made no differance =/

if its taking ages to connect to a database, then maybe there is a problem with MYSQL and not PHP?

It has been months since I have changed anything in MYSQL though..  =S

Why would it be doing this now all of a sudden?

I have been making a bunch of updates in my PHP though so I'm pretty sure it is PHP problem o_O just not sure how to fix it x_x

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.