Forbidden Error 403

hukadeeze

Windows XPSP2 Apache 2.2.4 php 5.2.1

I searched the forums already but couldn't find a situation that matched mine. Last night I was working on a project that will be used to track inventory. I tested my progress and everything worked fine so I went to bed. When I woke up this morning I went back to the same project. I opened the index file and everything worked fine. I clicked the link that should have taken me to a page that displays a table of all the items in inventory, except I got a 403 error. I don't get it. Nothing changed between last night and this morning. I wasn't even working on the affected file last night. All I did was shut down my workstation. I thought maybe it was an issue with mySQL, except all my other projects are working correctly. Other files in the same directory are working. Any ideas?

Did you write to the file via Dreamweaver or another text editor with FTP directly? Often times, file and folder permissions are changed when writing to your server via such methods. Try checking out all your file permissions in the directory you are trying to access.

FTP was not involved. I saved the file locally using dreamweaver. I do all testing locally also.

If you are running on a localhost, letting Dreamweaver save the file is equivalent to letting Dreamweaver FTP the file to a host: it's still doing its own transfer. Just double check your file permissions for the first step. If that doesn't help, we can go from there ;)

I don't know exactly what I'm looking for, but these are the directory permissions from httpd

Default:

<Directory />

Options FollowSymLinks

AllowOverride None

Order deny,allow

Deny from all

</Directory>

Root Dir:

<Directory "C:/Program Files/xampp/htdocs">

Options Indexes FollowSymLinks Includes ExecCGI

AllowOverride All

Order allow,deny

Allow from all

</Directory>

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.