Creating RSS feed

SharkBait

I was thinking about my RSS feed on my blog and whether or not I should make it a dynamic so I can feed it url arguements to customize the feed.

Currently I just off a feed for my blog posts. I was thinking of making it so that people could subscribe to an rss feed that is tailored to a blog post's comments.

I would have my default RSS feed, and then I would offer a link at the Post a Comment section that they could click on and it would give them the link that would dynamically generate the feed.

Would this be a good way about doing this? I thought about using mail() to send out notices when someone posts a new comment but those can get stuck in junkmail filters etc.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

i've personally used dynamic feeds myself on a couple of sites. I'm not aware (yet) of any issues of doing so,but all i do know is that it's a good way to let a user completely customise their feed and both the ones i've set up work very well with my RSS program, . I guess with a nice bit of caching thrown in it'd work better

i'm sure you've got the idea how to put the feed together, but this tutorial helped me some time back in terms of getting it right, sending the correct headers, etc.

http://www.tiffanybbrown.com/2005/12/22/dynamic-rss-feeds-using-php-mysql-and-apache

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.