Multiple file upload with out form

congaboy

Hi, could someone give me some clues on how to do this this. From my remote websites admin system, I would like to be able to select a folder on the local computer and upload every file in the selected folder up to the remote site. I don't want to use form file uploads. I want the user to be able to nominate a local folder and the whole folder is copied with one click of a button. Is this possible to do with out putting the user through any complexx procedures.

Hi, thanks for your replies. I should have given a more precise description of what I want to do, I was a bit vague. So here goes.

I would like my clients who are using my admin system to be able to select a folder on their local computer and have them uploaded to the remote site. I need to 'do stuff' with each one of these files as they come up, ie: resize, dupliacte copies, enter file names into the database etc. I dont really want them to have direct FTP access, so this rules out the usual method of FTP. Ideally I would like a script that reads the folder and copies the files one at a time and 'does stuff' to them as it goes. If I could connect to FTP through my own php script, this would be fine and I have got that part sorted. But as for using ftp_put() I just can't seem to get it to find the local folder or direct it to the correct destination folder.

Any advice would be great. Thank you.

What do you mean by "Local Folder"?

Local to the Host (Webserver) or Local to Client (Clients PC)

as for FTP access you can create a new FTP account with limited access even drop access, (upload only)

finding the path to the files/folder shoudn't be that hard,

ie

/file_parser.php

/uploads/file1.jpg

/uploads/file2.jpg

/uploads/file3.jpg

file_parser.php would look in "uploads/" folder!

or am i missing somthing?

Java is what you want:

http://support.softartisans.com/support-112.aspx

http://jupload.sourceforge.net/

Or some type of activex control.

PHP knows nothing about the clients folders which is a good thing, because if it did you could create a malicious script that goes into a known directory, such as cookies, and download all that data and use it to login to sites.

But yea look into java.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.