Convert LAMP site to WAMP server (or worse)

I have a client who demands their site be hosted on a specific server in their office. I did a reverse whois and curled every site hosted on this server. Here's what I feel is the pertinent header info that all of the hosted sites provided:

Server: Microsoft-IIS/6.0

MicrosoftOfficeWebServer: 5.0_Pub

X-Powered-By: ASP.NET

Everything I do is LAMP based, so I'm thinking something will need to be done to make it work on this server. I'm no expert with this OS stuff, but I'm pretty sure IIS and Apache can not run at the same time on the same server? Is this the case?

Also, if the IT guys offer up a WAMP server, what's the likelihood that my LAMP stuff will run on it? And, what are the WAMP words for "htaccess" and "cron"?

In all reality there isn't too much OS specific stuff in PHP. Most (not all) extensions are quite capable on both platforms so unless your doing something pretty specific you should be fine.

I'm no expert with this OS stuff, but I'm pretty sure IIS and Apache can not run at the same time on the same server? Is this the case?

You can run as many different servers on the one machine at the same time as you like.... however, only one can listen to port 80.

And, what are the WAMP words for "htaccess" and "cron"?

Im not a windows guy, but if its url rewritting your looking for, IIS is a nightmare. Im pretty sure you need to use some custom error page hacks. As for cron, schedualed tasked should pretty much do the same thing.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.