var FO = "a&b";
</script>
";
return $text;

but when I check the output html code, it becomes:

<script type="text/javascript">
var FO = "a&b";
</script>

It seems that "&" has been changed to "&". How can I prevent this? How can I output just "&" in html code?

Thanks,

KC

If you are using firefox it would be a setting particular to firefox. I would check it with IE by viewing the source.

I really do not like that aspect of firefox although it can be handy sometimes.

What browser are you using to view the source?

Hi,

I just used IE to check the code, and even source code is "a&b", IE still reads the code just fine, and the code works in IE. But it seems that FF does not read the code as "a&b" then javascript does not work! It is so strange! Anybody has idea to overcome this problem?

Bests,

KC.

You have some unescaped double quotes in your original sample. Try something like this:

Ken

Yes Ken, I had some typo when typing the question. But inside my real code, it was written correctlY:

$text = "
<script type=\"text/javascript\">
var FO = \"a&b\";
</script>
";
return $text;

Yes Ken, I had some typo when typing the question. But inside my real code, it was written correctlY:

Ken meant to replace your double quotes with single quotes.

It might work - as it seems like PHP is somehow replacing '&' with the HTML entity.

Ken meant to replace your double quotes with single quotes.

It might work - as it seems like PHP is somehow replacing '&' with the HTML entity.

Hi Poirot, I understood what Ken meant anyway, because before posing question here, my original code was wrapped with single quote and it did not work, as "&" is always change to "&" no matter what kind of quote you use.

KC

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.