Table entry limitss

tcorbeil

Hey everyone.

I'm trying to install a ticker on my site that displays the lates 30 entries from a database...how would i go about doing so?

Is there a way to have a table only accept 30 entries and bump out one entry as 1 new entry is entered??

Any ideas would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

T.

Well, basically I have a several tables in one database.. data is entered in all of the tables so what I was thinking was to have a one table receive a copy of all entries (no matter which table the entry is destined for..) and use that one table as a "most recent entries" table.. only thing is, I don't want to populate it with more entries than I need..

Any other ideas?

T.

Unless I completely misunderstood your response, you're suggesting something that will use more data space (and tables) than is necessary if you followed my suggestion.  Your concept appears to be to duplicate every entry but to delete the 'oldest' and write the 'newest' into a separate table. I'm missing the point, apparently.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.