New Website

andeb328

To be perfectly honest, I immediately have several issues with it. There are a few conceptual no-nos in my mind that you've included:

• VALIDATE YOUR CODE
  • Light on dark is seldom a good color scheme for main text (especially white on black). The links look especially rough with the blue on black.
  • Serif fonts are great for print, not so good for web. Try using something like Verdana or Trebuchet MS instead.
  • While your logo is very clever, I never would have seen the logo and thought "PHP" - the Ps are just not really recognizable.
  • Your banner title doesn't center with the page content.
  • Your site design is fluid, yet your content and columns are all fixed width. This defeats the purpose of having a fluid layout. You really ought to stick to one or the other, not both.
  • Personally, I hate marquee text most of the time - especially when it's part of the header or title of the page I'm on.

Obviously, IMHO, there are a lot of things from the design standpoint that could use some work. Some of them are simply preference things, but others are actually "best practices" that you should get the hang of and use by default.

Good luck!

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.