phpslideshow with .htaccess

annette50

Hi,

I recently installed the phpslideshow http://www.zinkwazi.com/wp/scripts in a protected directory for

some family pics. The directory is protected with an .htaccess file. When the slideshow is on auto there is a meta refresh to reload the next image. When the page refreshes, it diverts back to the login screen. When I remove the htaccess file, the auto slideshow works fine.

Can anyone suggest a solution? I can't do it! I have tried changing relative/absolute paths for the refresh but nothing works. (the

password is different for different people). I can post some code if required, but it seems to be quite well known!

Many thanks,

Annette

• 3 weeks later...

You probably don't want to use an htaccess file for that. The way it redirects you, will force the htaccess file to prompt you every time the page refreshes. You could probably use a basic authentication script instead. since the scipt they use that loads the photos is phpslideshow.php you could just use an include at that php file to load an authentication script that checks if they have a cookie set. If they do it'll show the pages and if the pages refresh it'll see the cookie is still there so no problems. If they havn't logged in, then all they will see is a login box. I found one recently on hotscripts.com that worked real well.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.