[SOLVED] UK ICAO Database

hellouthere

Hi all, Im looking for a database dump of all the airport ICAO codes and names in Europe...

I have started entering data but just wondered if anyone has heard of or has access to such a database table...

ill keep entering data until someone replies to this post, if not ill post a dump of my complete database for others to use...

Thanks...

There are two downloads at the bottom of the page. Take the one that's the text file (as a zipped file).

Download and unzip and you'll see it's just a lot of lines with each data field separated by : so each looks like this

AYGA:GKA:GOROKA:GOROKA:PAPUA NEW GUINEA:06:04:54:S:145:23:30:E:5282

I don't know which bits of that you want ... maybe just AYGA Goroka Papua New Guinea and you don't care about the (probable) co-ordinates. Depending on which bits you want it's basically a one-step operation to get that into a CSV file and then into a MySQL database table.

If you don't know just how that's done, explain which data you want from each line and someone will cobble together a method and/or code and a method to get you your data.

Hi thanks Andy, i get the principle but could do with some help....

After a bit of pondering ive realised that all the data would be very useful...

If anybody could come up with something in the way of getting it into a mysql database i would be forever in you debt...

Thanks all...

heh! I won first prize in the 'go to Cleveland and sort out their problem' contest, so I'm out of the loop for a few days.  If nobody picks up this little challenge of yours, start a new post with specific details of the type of data and how you would love to have it parsed into useful variables.

Here's a hint if you want to try yourself:

file() reads a text file into an array

explode() splits a lump of text at each delimiter into an array

• 3 weeks later...
This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.