Getting "Input" Values

doni49

I'm working on a screen scraping app (to perform tasks on my own WHM panel) and I'm having a bit of difficulty.

I need to retrieve the "Value" of ever input put field.

Here's a trimmed down copy of what I need to pull the data from.

$response = '                <tr><br>
                    <td class="densetbl-key">Max FTP Accounts</td><br>
                    <td class="densetbl-value"><input value="10" type="text" name="maxftp"></input></td><br>
                </tr><br>
                <tr><br>

<td class="densetbl-key">Max Email Accounts</td><br>
                    <td class="densetbl-value"><input type="text" value="250" name="maxpop"></input></td><br>
                </tr><br>';

In this example, I need to retrieve 250 from the second input field.

Heres what I've tried (and many variations of this) but $match keeps coming back as empty.  :(

preg_match('/(\w|\s*)<input value="(\w+)" type="text" name="maxpop">(\w|\s*)/mU',$response,$match);

Thanks a bunch!

Thanks for the reply.  That helped.  But it didn't work for all the fields.  So I investigated further.  I noticed that the fields change the order for value, name and type for example:

<input value="value" name="name" type="text">
<input name="name" value="value"type="text">
<input type="text" value="value" name="name">

This sounds like a case for back references.  But this is one of the things about regex that I've had the most trouble with.

I've got something that I think SHOULD work, but it's not.  In theory, it should look at every input and allow name & value to be at any position inside the angle brackets.

preg_match('/.*<input.+[[value="(.+)"|name="maxpop"]\s+]{1,2}.*>.*/imU',$response,$match);
echo "<pre>";
print_r($match);
echo "</pre>";

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.