Time Comparison

jeeva

hi frnds

i need ur help...

i have a form thats called Conference Room Booking. In that  i need to asking the user to select the between time(like 5:30 to 6:30)

Everything is ok. now my problem is i shud not allow the user to select the same time. for example

Another user has been requseted the time between 5:30pm to 6:30pm .Now i shud not allow the following times

thats

4:30 to 5:00

5:30 to 6:00

and so on

i tried to solve this problem but i couldn't get the idea for that...

any one have solved the same problem? if Yes let me know please...

jeeva

There was a similar question asked last week, and here's what we came up with. There is a method you need to follow that will give you what you're after. Let's say that you have the user input their start and end dates: you need to run a query and see if any of four things are true of the date range inserted:

• Does the start time lie within the range of any existing events?
  • Does the end time lie within the range of any existing events?
  • Do any existing start times lie within the range of this new event?
  • Do any existing end times lie within the range of this new event?

If these four checks all return FALSE, you have a clean range, and you can successfully insert it into your schedule.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.