$_SESSION problem

midmented

Our network Administrator applied an update to our web server recently. After this update was applied (Novell update), my phpMyEdit pages stopped responding. Everything else works fine. After doing some debugging, I found that if I placed all of my pages in the same directory, everything worked.

My $_SESSION vars will not transfer to other pages unless that page is in the same directory as the session was started in. I hope this is enough of an explaination.

I am clueless as to why thus far. I am going to look at the php.ini file today.

Thanks for any help!

I am using:

session_start();

session_register("session");

What I found out this morning was that this is only happening on my pages I used phpMyEdit to produce. The plot thickens! I reproduced a page using phpMyEdit with the same results.

Thanks!

I looked at the php error.log and found this:

[02-Apr-2007 09:29:35] PHP Warning:  main() [<a href='function.main'>function.main</a>]: open_basedir restriction in effect. File(../_AdminAccess/include/session.php) is not within the allowed path(s): (.;sys:/tmp) in WEB:/ROOT/phpMyEdit/Admintblmysqlusers.php on line 2

I changed line 2 from:

include ("../_AdminAccess/include/session.php");

to

session_start();

session_register("session");

and everything works fine. I would like to find out why access to that directory changed after the server updates though.

Thanks for your help!

I'll be dropping it. This is the first time I used it (because of the previous reply post).

I tried it only because of the suggestion on this post. I wasn't using it in my include file prior to this.

I am a Noobie to php as well! Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.