php store software? any ideas on a good one?

dellis203

Hi everyone, looking to get a store up and running, but havent been able to find a product that fits my needs, so I turn to you all for suggestions.

I am looking for a store similiar to this - http://www.merchdirect.net/

see how it lists a front page with all bands names? well when you click on the name, it brings you to a dedicated page of that bands merch, but the thing and features I want are the ability to give each bands page a unique look, like their logo as a header etc..

does anyone know of any third party stored that can acheieve this? or am I looking into coding this myself, which I would soooooooooooo rather not.

Thanks

Dave

Sure can...however you will need to create the "front page" with a little php magic.  After that, have seperate stores link off there.  Are you doing the store yourself?  OR if you're linking to other sites...that link I provided you is OVERKILL.  Be a little more elaborate....

hey, I am doing the store myself, not linking to anyone elses store. but each section is going to have a unique page listing the merch from the bands I work with. just like on merchdirect.net

see what I dont wanna do, is do a seperate store with seperate database for every band. I want one store with each bands page have a uniqiue feel to it. so ya know, one database with no repeating tables etc.

I can creat the front page no problem to link to each bands store front. but the problemn I am running into is having different store fronts for each band within the same actual "store"

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.