[SOLVED] classes

Ninjakreborn

When it comes to development and trying to make things go smoother, I was thinking about classes.  Is it best to create my own classes for things, or just find classes.  Like for example for emails.

I have been recommended form mailer class.  Is it easier to create one, or use that one.

What situations should I create my own classes, and what situations should I use other people's.

I would say always look at other peoples. Take care of the license. Reading other peoples code is great for learning and streamlining your own style.

Hell, I've downloaded and modified tons of other peoples code, we use a lot of APIs, e.g. google, yahoo. Some of the code works most of the time, but occasionally a bug throws it so I hack in some error checking and reporting. Eventually the code is more mine than anyone else's.

Refactoring is a nice idea.

monk.e.boy

Well I know I want to create my own.

It's just coming to terms with these classes, I have been getting into them a lot lately.  Especially PHPMailer.  I have been using it, and notice it takes half the time to do 4 time's more advanced mailings with this, than with Anything else.  I am trying to figure out if I should just use the classes that I end up running across I like, or just do a mixture of the both.  It's not like i have time to sit down and create classes this advanced, or even have the current skill level too.  However I want an alternative.

Hmm, thanks for the feedback.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.