#1 Twentyoneth

Twentyoneth
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • 118 posts
  • LocationGlasgow, KY

Posted 09 March 2006 - 06:48 PM

I need login help, I want to make an admin login on my site, where if the admin is logged in, it will show you special admin links, but I dont know how to go about it...

if ($admin == 1) {
include "adminlinks.php";
} else {
include "mainlinks.php";
}

The problem is, I dont know how to make admin == 1 for just me, and not when I'm signed in, everyone else will see the admin links as well....any help?

#2 keeB

keeB
  • Staff Alumni
  • Advanced Member
  • 1,078 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 09 March 2006 - 06:55 PM

[!--quoteo(post=353330:date=Mar 9 2006, 06:48 PM:name=Twentyoneth)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Twentyoneth @ Mar 9 2006, 06:48 PM) View Post[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
I need login help, I want to make an admin login on my site, where if the admin is logged in, it will show you special admin links, but I dont know how to go about it...

if ($admin == 1) {
include "adminlinks.php";
} else {
include "mainlinks.php";
}

The problem is, I dont know how to make admin == 1 for just me, and not when I'm signed in, everyone else will see the admin links as well....any help?
[/quote]

You should really look into the guide on the main page about making a log in system.. ;D

Come visit my site to see my latest projects
http://nick.stinemates.org/wordpress/

#3 Twentyoneth

Twentyoneth
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • 118 posts
  • LocationGlasgow, KY

Posted 09 March 2006 - 07:20 PM

I didnt really understand that tutorial on user authentication on the main page, and I read a few things I didnt like, like how someone mentioned with that script one could easily go to the php info and see the user and pass info, which defeats the purpose. Wouldnt you think? Is there any other explanations or help on this, as I am very confused?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users