Setting Cookies, Setting Timestamp instead...

PC Nerd

hi guys.

im setting cookies for my login and instead of storing the values i want it to, its storing a timestamp instead

my code is in a few pages, althoug ill summerise my data, and only post the code that creates the cookies:

Code:

$User_Name = $_POST['User_Name'];

$User_ID = $Login['User_ID'];

$Login_ID = $Login['Login_ID'];

#$Logged_In = "YES";

#$Active = "Yes";

setcookie("User_Name", $User_Name, strtotime('+ 30 minutes'));

setcookie("Login_ID", $Login_ID, strtotime('+ 30 minutes'));

setcookie("User_ID", $User_ID, strtotime('+ 30 minutes'));

$Login is an array storing values retreive from the database.  when loging in.  it saves your login, time, user id to a table.  $Login_Array is simply retreiving this record again, so that the Auto_increment field "login_ID" can be stored in the cookie.  $DB_Login is a returned test to check whether or not the user_Name entered is even in the database.....  $_POST['User_Name'] is the User_Name entered by the user to login.  now my cookies are saving the following data, and theres still a "phanton" cookie that i used to use to have the expire time to check wherer or not their logged in....  The cookies are:

User_Name => 1176012801

Logged_In => 1176012801

Login_ID => 1176012801

User_ID => 1176012801

these change everytime that the user logs in....... and gets deleted when the user logs out.....

also, when i veiw the cookies on the page where they are created...... they are there, but i  know that you shouldnt be able to veiw a cookoie on the page where its created....

i would really appreciate anyoes help in this problem, its been really annoying me for a few days now.

thanks,

PC Nerd

PS, im reposting, becauase my other one becamase dead as it was very long.  its here

http://www.phpfreaks.com/forums/index.php/topic,135203.0.html

could you try running this and tell me if it runs correctly? (just give a known value to the variables)

<?php

$_POST['User_Name'] = "foo";
$Login['User_ID'] = 123;
$Login['Login_ID'] = 123;

$User_Name = $_POST['User_Name'];
$User_ID = $Login['User_ID'];
$Login_ID = $Login['Login_ID'];

setcookie("User_Name", $User_Name, strtotime('+ 30 minutes'));
setcookie("Login_ID", $Login_ID, strtotime('+ 30 minutes'));
setcookie("User_ID", $User_ID, strtotime('+ 30 minutes'));

?>

Just saved to a server on my localhost, ran it, worked fine.  Checked Firefox cookies to ensure the values, came up with:

User_Name: foo

User_ID: 123

Login_ID: 123

It appears to be an issue with your browser.  Either that or you have some content being printed to the user somehow before the setcookie command is sent.

yeah i do, thankx

um, shouldnt it be returning a "output sent by ..........."

im logging the page request..... which is querying the database..........

if i user setcookie, then header, in another page, would that still work, becauase its all header information?

i still dont know, becauase whenever i login again, the timestamp changes to the current ( i think its the current one)

so ill try to change it, but i dont htink that itll work becauase of the timestamp.....

thanks though, ill give it a go

ok, now its relocating but the timestamp is always the same..........

would it be better for me to post all the files as attachemnts, or post them here...... theres about 3 or 4 files that are required to login.

thanks for all you help

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.