Big problems with PHP file uploads

Gast

Ok I have a script that will be used eventually to upload music and videos. I have got this working brilliantly, have tried with some songs and found that it only accepts files under 2MB. OK, I thought, I will change the settings... However I have spent hours searching for a solution and all things say the same things, all of which I have tried. I tried the following things:[list][*]Added a hidden field before the file field called "MAX_FILE_SIZE". I set this to 26214400 (25MB).[*]Changed the "max_execution_time" from 30 to 300 in the php.ini file.[*]Changed the "max_input_time" from 60 to 600 in the php.ini file.[*]Changed the "memory_limit" from 8M to 128M in the php.ini file.[*]Changed the "post_max_size" from 2M to 2048M in the php.ini file. This is what I thought would solve it![*]Made sure "file_uploads" setting is set to on.[*]Changed the "upload_max_filesize" from 2M to 2048M in the php.ini file.[*]Added the "LimitRequestBody" setting in the Apache httpd.conf file to 2147483648 (2GB)[/list]Does anyone here know why this will not work? I desperately need to get this working. I have full access to all configuration files is necessary.

TIA

Niall

Yes I forgot to add that to the list, but I have done that. This problem is linked with this topic: [a href=\"http://www.phpfreaks.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=88176\" target=\"_blank\"]http://www.phpfreaks.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=88176[/a], where some of the settings in the php.ini file will not update. If you could help there, it would be greatly appreciated.

Is this on a linux box? I had a problem with php.ini a few days ago because I actually had more than one file. Apparently, when I emerged (Gentoo) php4 months ago, it failed the first time and the script didn't remove the php.ini file when I emerge -C...

I ended up having to reinstall it.

Is this on a linux box? I had a problem with php.ini a few days ago because I actually had more than one file. Apparently, when I emerged (Gentoo) php4 months ago, it failed the first time and the script didn't remove the php.ini file when I emerge -C...

I ended up having to reinstall it.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.