BizSox v2: new design after your feedback

Cook

Hello,

Ok, BizSox v2 is here! The last two weeks were spent redesigning it to take into account all the good feedback I got here.

What do you think? www.bizsox.com

All constructive feedback most welcome.

Some comments:

1- Coded by hand, PHP + XHTML + CSS + little JS.

2- JS limited to strict minimum, always degrading nicely.

3- Uses Peterned's csshover.htc to enable css-driven menus in IE - thanks Peter!

4- Tested ok in Opera, FF, IE6, IE7, Safari, in several sizes - I dropped support for IE5.5, it's dead after all!

5- Best viewed in 1024 x 768 and above, not ok any more in 800 x 600, but that resolution is pretty much dead too!

Thanks for taking the time.

Cook

yeah you've done a good job in the revamp. however, my only grudge (and one that just strikes immediately) is the "Sock it to me!". I cant decide why (maybe the typeface, maybe just the whole thing),  but in a way, coupled with the guy who looks gutted to have seen a hole in his sock, just kinda makes things quite comical, when i'm sure you're aiming at professionals and hoping to part them from their cash. IMO, it doesnt NEED to be there so worth a try losing it all together.

otherwise - yeah definitely a much cleaner layout than v1, and much better use of whitespace in general. tis getting there!

Actually, the guy is what gives it that commerical feel. Do you not watch American TV?  Dillards, JcPennys, and other department stores all have some type of comical commercial that advertises their products. It gets peoples attention while at the same time getting the point across, which in this case is, "Don't ever have this problem again.  With BizSox you can buy your socks from the privacy of your home and have them delievered to your doorstep."

Thanks all for the feedback. Keep it coming please. www.bizsox.com

I am quite relieved to see that the first impression is good. There's a point where you get so involved in what you're doing that it blinds you and you can't judge for yourself any more.

@redbullmarky: Glad you like it better. Re 'Sock it to me!', the comical effect is sought after, to grab attention; same for the slogan, the play on words contributes. I don't think it clashes with the target population. Actually if that target comprises of the (business)men themselves, but also - maybe even more so - their wives (and/or their moms?! ;D), it might work even better. At least that's the rationale. BTW, from a feature point of view, gift subscriptions will be the next enhancement.

@steelmanronald06: Yes, that's the spirit of the site and service, 100%, with the added convenience of the subscription concept.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.