Protecting From MySQL Injection Attacks

Liquid Fire

So from what i know, if i don't properly escape my single and double quotes, if someone finds out theu can inserts there own MySQL statements.  Know i am build my own MySQL class and one thing i am going to do is build a InsertArray function so I just take the array in the proper format and let the class handle the escapes of the quotes.  I was just wondering what i sthe best way to escape quotes.  I know the way i have do it in the past is just replace " or ' with /" or /' but i think there might be a better way.  Would it be better to replace " and ' with their ASCII Codes so if would be " = &#34 and ' = &#39?

mysql_real_escape_string() calls MySQL's library function mysql_real_escape_string, which prepends backslashes to the following characters: \x00, \n, \r, \, ', " and \x1a.

sqlite_escape_string() will correctly quote the string specified by item for use in an SQLite SQL statement. This includes doubling up single-quote characters (') and checking for binary-unsafe characters in the query string.

pg_escape_string() escapes a string for insertion into the database. It returns an escaped string in the PostgreSQL format.

It seems they all differ a bit.  You can write your own preg_replace function to replace mysql_real_escape_string(), but you might need to write db-specific ones if you generalize your class.

A Google search turned up this.  I'm sure you can find the standard SQL escaped chars.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.