Passing javascript variables to PHP

JustinM01

OK, I have a PHP calendar function that displays all the posts for the current year (when the page loads). I have arrows that allow the user to change which year to display. I'm trying to use AJAX so the page wouldn't have to be reloaded. I have it setup like this:

Calendar page -> Javascript js file -> PHP handling script

The handling script creates a new calendar object and initializes it to the requested year. The problem is that the two objects are not referencing the same object, so a user can only decrease the calendar date to 2006 or increase it to 2008 because every time the original page loads the calendar initializes to 2007. I don't have a problem passing variables from the original page through javascript and to the handling php script, but I do in the reverse direction. I currently call the javascript function from an onClick event in a link.

Is there something I'm not seeing, or will the way I'm currently doing it not work and is there another way I should look at?  ???

Thanks.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.