Wiki/knowledgebase software with more security permissions

Uriptical

Hi,

I'm trying to find some wiki software written in PHP, Python, or Ruby to run on an Apache web server. Rather than coding it myself from scratch, I thought I'd look for existing solutions first.

I simply need some wiki/knowledge base software similar to MediaWiki, but with more security features so that no one can read or modify the pages unless they log in. I want to create a database of notes for my own personal use that I can access from any computer with a web browser connected to the Internet, but I don't want anyone else being able to view the information.

The software needs to have different user-created categories like MediaWiki and also the ability to add links easily into articles (so that I can cross link the pages), but I don't need anything fancy.

Does anyone know of any existing software which meets these requirements, or of a way to add this necessary extra security to MediaWiki.

Cheers,

Chris

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.