PDF Mix & Match question

shaggycap

I was wondering if anyone had any experience of splitting & appending PDF's?

A client has a huge pdf, and he wants to give the user the ability to mix and match the chapters that they want to download. The final final will be 1 pdf, but may consist of various different chapters chosen from a list. The chapters will be ripped from 1 master pdf.

Oh, and the PDF is not just text it contains all manner of images,links & the like!

And that is what is required.

I was wondering if anyone had any pointers regarding this?

I'm thinking PDFLib, but I haven't fully looked into it yet.

Thanks guys.

Working with pdf's (generating) isn't that hard just use PHP's pdf library.  In order to do this, you are going to have to have separate parts of the "pdf" saved as seperate files.  (1 file per chapter), preferably save them as an image originally.  Then when someone chooses the chapters they want then retrieve all the images of the chapters they are wanting, and formulate them into a working PDF of the chapters they downloaded.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.