[SOLVED] warning: session_start error?

fazzfarrell

I keep getting this error and I can't get rid of it any one help?

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: open(/tmp/sess_72b9bf3e0228df49654f24222e3b7f06, O_RDWR) failed: Permission denied (13) in /home/sites/st-ives.com/public_html/careers-red.php on line 3

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/sites/st-ives.com/public_html/careers-red.php:3) in /home/sites/st-ives.com/public_html/careers-red.php on line 3

Check your php ini to see where it's trying to store the session files.  You (or actually the php process?) probably don't have access to that directory.  The second error is related to the first... probably because it's outputting the session error message and then trying to send a header. 

That might not be the answer, but it's where I'd start looking.

on line 3 of careers-red.php, your echo/print/outputing something... your session_start(); has to be at the VERY BEGINNING... top of everything.

I dont think its a header already sent problem in his case cause it not firing headers sent Error. Its sending Permission denied error.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.