where is php.ini ?

marmite

I've lost it, or I never had it.

I'm taking over a site from a developer, and have discovered that none of my mailtos work on my local server. Apparently this is configured in the php.ini file, which I can't locate.

I can't find it on the Prod server, either (although I only have access to one folder of this, so it could be further up)

Anyone know where this file is usually kept? Is there a protocol?

Thanks...!

Depends on the system, in windows it can be located in the following:

c:\windows

C:\winnt

c:\windows\system32

c:\winnt\system32

c:\php

c:\apache\php

c:\program files\apache 2\apache 2\php

For linux it varies quite a bit, the phpinfo is the best way to figure it out.

Well, I can't change it on the server anyway - I guess I don't need to, because it's working on the live site!

The question is why

<? mail( 

function isn't working on my localhost. Do you know whether I need to change something in the ini file, and if so, what?

Thanks  ???

You must have a mail server installed on your computer for it to work on the localhost.

Most servers use sendmail via linux. For Windows it is different and you need to setup your own mail server, and hope that your ISP has not blocked port 25.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.