[SOLVED] explode() not working?

unkwntech

I removed stuff after the sixth column because for some reason I thought you only want the record # and address.  As a demonstration, clearly it can be done.  Whether it can be done with 60000 records each with hundreds of columns running online to generate arrays and add to a database is doubtful.  I have no doubt I could generate a MySQL database from the 60 Mb file locally.  If it needs to be done on a remote server, then I'd suggest persuading someone to split the original 60 Mb file into  much smaller chunks and doing it in multiple stages.

Let me further explain the situation.  This file is part of an MLS database meaning that it stores information about properties currently on the market.  Everyday I have to download a file similar to this along with all of the photos (20+ GB in all).  Then I need to import the file which contains all of the raw data into a database so that it can be searched.  I own the server that it will tun on.  So basicly it does not actualy need to display any pat of the file to a browser, because I am just going to exicute the php script without and actual output via. an automated cronjob.  Right now I am just trying to test to make sure that the script works by echoing data to the browser.  In summary I just need to import this file into a database.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.