[SOLVED] connectivity erroe

hi all ,

i m new to php and also in this forum ,

dears i m using dreamweaver 8.0 and i have a problem while using /while connecting mysql database with it.

i got and error when ever i tried to connect my dreamweaver page with mysql database .

please check out the atteched image and help me.

regards.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Basically what that error is saying that Dreamweaver has failed to connect to your MySQL server due to your PHP setup, you either have not enabled the mysql extension or your php configuration doesn't allow persistent connections.

Try mysql_connect instead of mysql_pconnect

if you still get the same error message when you have made the changes then run a simple script with the following code in it:

<?php
phpinfo();
?>

Run that code and then scroll down the page and see if you can see a MySQL heading. If you can't find a mysql heading then the mysql extension hasn't been enabled. Have a read of this faq for enabling the mysql extension.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.