tracking authenticated users and reporting which pages they've accessed

aquarius68

HI,

How can I track users that have been authenticated with a username and password, and note which pages and files they have accessed, and then display that information on a page for an admin person to review.

I have read about using cookies and sessions to store variables, and authenticate users, and have a page display the name of the logged in user, but is it possible to track which pages they access, and then display this information?

I do appreciate your assistance, and am posting this question after hours of searching for answers on how to  go about creating this kind of report?

It is for an education site that wishes to track which students have visited which pages that are accessible only via logging in.

Thanks

Claudia - starting to learn the basics of php - and suddenly needing much more.....

I have an great php application that tracks visitors and search bots.

http://phpnetadmin.netgeekz.net

Take a look at the source. It is pretty easy to read.  All the main data tracking is taken care of in the includes/master.php file.  Take a look at that file to see how I track people.  You will find it is quite useful to your needs as well.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.