PHP IE 6 problem/nightmare

nrcorpx

Hello everybody!

I just started developing in PHP and have used this site as a resource many times.  Thank you guys for your support and I hope I can contribute as well. 

I am currently developing a login page for a client using PHP5.  I made a very newbie mistake and did not test my script with IE, only Firefox.  I finished writing the code with everything working fine on Firefox and now the login page doesn't work in IE.  I have spent all day yesterday trying to figure it out (ie. session problem, cache problem, redirection error, etc...) but with no results.  If you guys could help me out -- it would be so awesome.

The url for the live test is :

http://www.eamoo.com/test

I have a simple authentication process where the input is checked and upon successful login, the user is redirected to his designated page where only his files will be displayed.

The login/pass is : needhelp / thanks

Everything (sessions, redirection) works fine in Firefox.

The code for my index.php login page is at:

http://www.eamoo.com/test/loginauth.txt

I'm guessing it's a cache-related problem but I may not be sure.  If you guys could also note any "bad" coding techniques I am using, I would greatly honor any comments. 

Thank you so much guys -- use the login/user for a test on Firefox.  My email is nrcorpx@eamoo.com.  Thank you once again!

Oh, I see the problem.  Actually if it works with Firefox then Firefox has the problem, not IE.

If your 'submit' is handled by an image, then $doSubmit should not exist in the $_REQUEST array (sloppy when the form uses the method "post"). Instead what exists are the x and y coordinates of where the image was clicked relative to its upper left corner.  The variables in the passed array are $_POST['doSumbit_x'] and $_POST['doSubmit_y'].  Try checking for either of those.

Dear fellas,

You guys are pure geniuses.

I only hope to become good programmers like you.

How in the word did you figure that out, AndyB??

Geees -- where do I have to go to learn the extra

mile of coding experience?

And yes -- agentsteal, I did see that problem.  Thank you!

I was running the post through the html field box which

I don't even need to do.

And to neoform...haha yes -- it is rather not secure.

I am so glad -- you guys are truly awesome and I will

continue to only use this board.  Hopefully, there is a super

newbie (more newbie than me) that I could help out.

And also, one more question if I may ask, how is my code,

in general?  I am rather new at programming so I am not

that certain.

Finally, how about my headers?  Is that fine? I guess I have

to read more about it.

Once again, thank you guys!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.