Where to look for ajax people

SOLO-UK

I am looking for an ajax sort or two and I'm a bit lost for where to look.  I've found about a million developer firms but that gets big budget in a hurry and this is for a brand new startup company that needs a developer or two, hopefully freelance who will put a little time in at first and then LOADS if the proof of concept works.  Have funding and a very unusual/cool/interesting business but can't find the coder for this.

As I'm a big fan of the 37Signals team (LOVE their Getting Real Book) I looked at their job post.  Looks good but I wonder if I'm not going to get 27 firms asking me for details instead of the one or two coders I actually need. 

Where oh Where do ajax coders look for work?  I'd love one who lived around the corner (UK) but dont really care about location to be honest.  They need only to be good at what they do, upfront and communicative (I only speak English I'm afraid).

Would appreciate info on where to post or things/people to avoid...

Thanks

Derek Owen

dowen [at] solo [hyphen] uk [dot] com

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.