Where to start?

AZE

Hey board!

I'm trying to get some help here. I have a decent understanding of HTML and would like to get to know PHP a lot better. What are the best, easy, recourses to read to get a good understanding of it all - and be able to start implementing?

Thanks,

- Aze.

i would increase your understanding of html, since you'll be creating form's and what not. and then just search google for php tutorials, or even better read the tutorials here on phpfreaks. understand the concept of object orientated programming, and how everything works together using variables, sending data from html forms etc.  just keep reading, and learning.

Some people find it easiest just to dive right in, others, find it easier to progress through a series.

If a series sounds good to you then I would recommend this free online book. If you read that from end to end you'd have a pretty good grasp.

Otherwise, just skim through the parts that may be of interest. You really shouldn't go past variables, functions, arrays, forms and database though.

Of course the manual is always your best friend too.

Hope that helps.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.