[SOLVED] Question related to shopping basket.

jakebur01

Ok, I have two different servers in two different locations. One server has a microsoft sql database "this is at the location of the business" the database has a table of about 80,000 different products.

The second server has a mysql database, this is where the shopping basket will be located. The myql database will have the same table as the microsoft sql table has with all of the products.

My problem is that I need to update the quanities in the mysql database regularly. The product item table on the microsoft sql is located at the place of business and the quanities are changing all the time.

My question is: Is it possible for me to take the quanities from the microsoft sql table and update them into my myql table on a regular basis? If so, any suggestions on what would be a good way to do this?

`Jake

ya... i'm sure theres a way of doing it... i'm assuming asp has something similar to (un)seralize(); and date(z);

just instructions... if you want code, ask... lol

just put a backup field on a sitewide field in your database somewhere...

and set asp

if(date(z)!=$sitewide[backup]){
update backup field
get all information from database, put them into array, serialize() it
drop that into a text file
}

then php

if(date(z)!=$sitewide[backup]){
if(file_exists('backup.txt')){
  update backup field
  get info from backup.txt
  unserialize(); it
  update product fields
  unlink('backup.txt');
}
}

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.