More Than 1024 User's

I\'ve a very big serveur :

4 xeon 2GHZ with 2Mb Cache Each ...

3 Gb Memory ECC

Server INTEL SRSH4 ....

And i\'ve Redhat 7.3 and a lot of software ... I want to install a lot of website in this server, but my problems it\'s to know if, because of a lot a people connected to the machine, the apache will be work slowly ... and the machine working without problems and with a liltle % of CPU and Memory Usage ...

There is a solution ? more than 1024 Sumultaneous Users ?

Or maybe 2 or 3 Apache on the same server ?

I\'ve a lot of website(6) who have more than 35 000 users/Days and a mensual trafic at 400 Gb/site ...

Please help me !

Thanks !!     

Depends largly on what the website is like.  If the sight is highly graphic oriantated then you may have speed isues.

Apache its self should not be a problem, and running multiple apache instances would require you to first filter your uses to each instance.  Far to complex.  If its realy high volume traffic then you may need to throtle it between multiple servers.

The biggest problem you will incoure will be the connection speed.  Have to ask though: Why 4 xeon 2GHZ with 2Mb Cache Each and then only have 4Gb memory?  And this bit: 

and a lot of software
serinatly doesn't make a server better! 

If your running a softwere rather then hardware raid then this could also be an isue, esspecialy if using databases.

Another very important question is what else your runnig on the server.  If your also running other, network oriantated apps, then you may find you run into isues.  It might be worth considdering running your webserver off a diffrent ip, in a diffrent, or multiple network card(s). 

Can you tell us a little more about the site.  Will users interact?  Database's and if so hosted on the same server?  Highly graphical site? Videos/MP3's?  Perhaps then we can offer more help.

Hope that gets you a little further.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.