[SOLVED] Forms Processing!

pkirsch

Hello,

I was wondering if (which it probably is) possible to pass info from a form, to a processing script, then to another processing script?

I'm thinking it would be using $_POST, $_GET or $_REQUEST.

If You Could Please let me know how to do this, that would be great.

Thanks for Your time,

pkirsch

if you want uour users to need to click to get to the second processing script, yes. Just use another form and store your data within hidden fields.

An even better solution would be to (on the first process script) store the data in the $_SESSION array and then either redirect to the second process script or use a link.

when info gets passed from a form it is normally in the form of $_POST

so your first processing page will used $_POST['whatever'] variables

its up to you how you get the information to the next page, you could use $_SESSION variables or $_GET variables either way works, except that $_GET variables are shown in the address bar so be careful what you show

depends on your form... $_REQUEST holds both $_GET's data and $_POST's data so you can always access form data through $_REQUEST... now... on your <form method="post/get"> that determines how the form is sending the data to the next page... i use post, nearly always... now... after form is submited... you can access it through $_POST[fieldname];

No, I don't want the user to click, I want the processor1.php to send the info to processor2.php!

Then store the data in a $_SESSION and redirect. I must ask though, why do you need 2 processing pages if the 2nd isn't going to be some kind of confirmation?

well one page could do that, run the validation script as you would setting a variable to true or false dependent on the outcome then have an if statement on the bottom saying if(true) insert into database if(false) return to main page

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.