[SOLVED] Debugging Class

Ninjakreborn

I didn't see a set of rule's.

I have 2 questions basically.

1. Is it against the rules of the OOP Help board to ask if anyone knows of a good class for "whatever".  Or is that against the purpose of this specific category.

2. If not then does anyone know of a good PHP Debugging class.  I found a few, but I was hoping to find something really powerful.  I found something big but it had too advanced of an install.  it used JavaScript and it required a separate installation, I want an actual class that has a bunch of really good stuff for debugging.  Any advice appreciated.

Note: If this type of post isn't allowed in this category then delete it and I will pretty much get the hint to post in the miscellaneousness board at that point.

One that has extensive information variables, benchmarks, execution times.  Just lot's of different things you can see related to debugging.

You can't really do this in a purely PHP implmentation without interlacing your code with a bunch of debug calls.  That is why most debugging tools are built as C PHP extnesions, I use xdebug along with kcachegrind and it does everything you have mentioned, and does so without me having to add debug calls in my code.

Best,

Patrick

While I am an advocate of TDD, it seems that OP was looking for more of a code profiler than a debugger. 

One that has extensive information variables, benchmarks, execution times.

The xdebug extension allows you to track down memory usage per function which is very useful when trying to clean up and streamline code.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.