Text Area editor javascripts

ted_chou12

I wish to have a text area editor with buttons that allows the user to insert bbcodes such as {b} or similes into the textarea, however, the current javascript I have now is not very well formed with the textarea, and that it only adds the text at the end of the text in the text area, however, I wish that the javascript is able to let the users to highlight and modify, or have the crusor still in the textarea after the text is inserted into the textarea, but not to have the crusor to be on the buttons.

Thanks, I just want a simple javascript coding, not too complicated please.

If you still dont understand me very well, please feel free to reply.

Thanks,Ted

Hi,

I've tried a couple of rich text editors now. And the ones that i have the best experience with are the FCKeditor and tinyMCE.

FCKeditor has it's own free filebrowser to upload images but tinyMCE is much easier to implement to your html page by simply adding a couple of lines of javascript to your page.

For a great comparison on these javascript applications check out this site http://www.geniisoft.com/showcase.nsf/WebEditors

Hope it helps

Thanks for your suggestions, but I wish to know the javascripts for inserting text at the cursor in order to implent my own codes into the page, I had a look at the different forums' source codes, however, they were far too complicated and unnecessary. So I just wish someone to post codes like those:

1.) Insert bold before and after the text highlighted.

2.) Insert codes at where the cursor is in the textarea.

3.) The cursor still stays in the textarea despite the insert links/buttons are pressed.

Thanks.

Ted

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.