[SOLVED] What's better...

Lumio

<strong> wasn't an option ;)

anyways, from what i understand, <b> is used more for presentation, whereas <strong> has meaning for audio browsers etc, and it just happens that most broswers show <strong> with a bold font although it isn't a requirement

<b>text</b>

the first one's better because it separates the presentation from the content

The whole idea of separating presentation from content would NOT require the use of <b> as that would mean you are placing presentational tag in the content.  Screen readers also react differently so to answer the original post <span class="bold"> is the better option as you can do much more with it from a style sheet - which includea altering emphasis in a style shet for speech....

If you say so buddy....

BUT just for your info this is what w3schools say about both strong and b...

The following elements are all font style elements. They are not deprecated, but it is possible to achieve richer effects using style sheets.

Now as you can do some work on aural style sheets to control the speech synthesis of words I will stand by my original post.....

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.