table type doesn't support FULLTEXT indexes

yandoo

Hi,

was hoping for a bit of help. I have followed tutorial on php freaks on full texting search. It worked a charm!

In order to complete the tutorial i created a table with a database i was already working on. The search worked fine on the new table i just created and i was able to select the FULLTEXT index of the primary key of the table. (using phpmyadmin)

As it works a charm i which i would like to implement it on my other exisitng tables of my database for searching records. My Problem is that the icon seems to be greyed out! Does anybody know why??

When i try to configure FULLTEXT manually by:

CREATE FULLTEXT INDEX full_index ON mytable(

mytable_title ,

mytable_caption ,

mytable_full_body

);

i get this error: #1214 - The used table type doesn't support FULLTEXT indexes

I am wondering if it is something to do with the configuring of the engine section using this code:

) ENGINE=MyISAM DEFAULT CHARSET=latin1 COMMENT='Testing Full Text Search Functionality.';

My other tables engine is innoDB!! Does this FULLTEXT index even work with innoDB or is it just MyISAM?????????

If so what TEXT searches will work with InnoDB?????

Any help greatly appreciated!

Thanks

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.